Reporting Scholastic Dishonesty
Instructors are required to report incidents of scholastic dishonesty to the Office for Student Conduct and Academic Integrity (OSCAI). Click the link just below to complete an online report form for scholastic dishonesty.
Please include the following information on the report form
- Full name of the student you are reporting along with their University of Minnesota student identification number
- Your name, title, and contact information
- College in which the incident occurred
- Course designator, course number and course term
- Description of the incident
- Short description of your meeting wit the student and their response
- Academic penalty that you, as the instructor, determined.
- Supporting documentation, such as the assignment that contained plagiarism and the source material.
- Syllabus for the class
If you would like a copy of the report, please click the box at the bottom of the form.
Need to Consult?
If you have questions or would like to discuss an incident before submitting a report, please contact our office at 612-624-6073.
Our office has put together some sanctioning guidelines for different types of scholastic dishonesty.